Get to Know Deem
- A delegate (travel arranger) is able to make an airline, car or hotel reservation for any traveler with a profile in Deem. They can update/change a traveler’s profile too.
- A traveler may only make a reservation for himself/herself and may update their own travel profile.
- An airline reservation may be put on HOLD. Deem will auto-cancel any ticket not purchased by the ticketing deadline, given at the top of the ‘Trip Submitted’ email sent from Deem when a flight is held.
- Trip “Title” –We recommend you list traveler name, date of travel and destination in the “title” as you make a reservation.
- Cancellations/Changes – Unless stated otherwise you may cancel or change a reservation in Deem. However, you will receive this message if it requires an agent’s assistance: “Currently, changes are not supported online for this itinerary. Please contact Menno Travel Service/American Express directly for changes or cancellations”
- Airline Schedule Changes – Changes are handled directly with our agency staff. An email is sent to the traveler and travel delegate, or as noted in the reservation.
- Ticket Issued – Check a traveler’s profile for activity. It will say Confirmed, Pending, or Cancelled. Confirmed means a ticket has been issued. Deem is unable to issue tickets within 6 hours prior to a flight departure time.
- Voided Tickets – You may cancel a reservation and the ticket may be voided if done the same day of issuance or by 4:30pm the next day. The voiding is done by our agency staff when the reservation is cancelled.
- Unused Tickets – Ticket Exchange (see video)
- Nonrefundable tickets: When a nonrefundable ticket is canceled and can not be voided, it will appear in the traveler’s profile in the Unused Ticket list and on the flight search page when making a reservation for that person. Deem will automatically apply the value of the unused ticket toward purchase of a new ticket (provided the new ticket is of greater value and is on the same airline). Keep in mind, unused tickets have expiration dates after which they lose all value.
- Refundable tickets: When a refundable ticket is canceled, it will appear in the traveler’s profile in the Unused Ticket list until it is refunded. It will not appear on the flight search page. If you see a ticket in the traveler’s Unused Ticket list with status “Refund Pending”, please let Menno Travel and we will refund the ticket for you.
- Hotel Rates – Before booking a hotel, always look at the “Room/Rate details”. There are a few rates that are advance purchase/nonrefundable. Some rates have a penalty for cancelling within 24 hours/48 hours of the check-in date.
- Your company may have hotels with negotiated rates. These are noted in the hotel display by a special preferred mark in the hotel display.
- HELP – During the work day 8am-5pm please contact Menno Travel Service for any issues you may have with making a reservation in Deem. After that time, our After Hours Service will make a reservation for you, however, they are not able to assist with any Deem booking issues
Comments are closed.