Do you have the “right stuff” to be part of the Menno Travel team? Here is what we’re looking for:
- Competent to perform the assigned duties.
- Positive in outlook and relationships.
- Personable — interested in people and travel.
- High ethical and moral standards
- Eager to learn and serve.
- Loyal to Menno Travel and its clientele.
Menno Travel is a progressive employer offering competitive pay and excellent benefits including medical coverage with a medical savings account, 401(k), travel allowance and paid travel time, paid time off (PTO) for vacation and sick time, plus many other benefits. If you’re an experienced agent with established clients we are especially interesting in exploring your options with us. You are invited to send your résumé to Geof Landis.
Administrative/Accounting Support Job
Menno Travel has an opening for a full time administrative position, assisting with accounting, reporting and computer programs, providing exceptional customer service to coworkers and clients. This position will support our lead accountant with responsibilities such as daily processing and reconciliation of sales, cash drawer management, deposits, check writing, invoice research, etc. Applicant will produce reports for our accounting system and online reporting tool, provide reports for management and clients, as well as build custom reports and provide client training. In addition, applicant will provide administrative support for advertising and marketing projects database management, produce newsletters and basic graphic design work. This position will support our sales assistant center with foreign currency sales and customer service interactions.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of customer service experience; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with staff and clientele; strong written and verbal communication skills; and attention to detail. Applicant must be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as within a team structure. Must have exceptional computer proficiency, with thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Applications and have basic knowledge of accounting and familiarity with databases and reporting. Must have a willingness to learn and take on new tasks, while prioritizing all duties.
Menno Travel maintains numerous other professional affiliations including ASTA (Premium Member), ARTA (Platinum Member), National Tour Association, CLIA, IATAN, and ARC. A monthly flat fee covers access to all programs, connection to Worldspan, and access to ARC ticketing if qualifications are met. ARC transactions are billed per item. All point-of-sale commissions are split. As an independent agent, you receive:
- Full Worldspan connectivity with Tier II Power Pricing, and access to Menno Travel script library
- Credit for qualifying Worldspan segments generated
- Access to ARC, IATAN, and CLIA appointments for making commissionable bookings
- High commission splits through our affiliation with American Express Travel
- Preferred car, hotel, cruise and tour discounts
- Listing as an Independent Contractor with IATAN and access to the IATAN card when production requirements are met
- Access to training and familiarization programs through preferred suppliers, CLIA, and American Express
- Discounts on your travel if production levels are met
- Access to overnight letter rates with UPS ($6.00 at present)
- Access to American Express Representative Network agent website (Axtraweb) and password protected supplier websites
- Access to credit card processing at a 3.0% rate