Job Title: Corporate Travel Specialist
Job Summary: The Corporate Travel Specialist is responsible for servicing the individual business travel arrangements of established or prospective clients. He/she will be directly supervised by Dorothy Shirk and indirectly by Geof Landis. He/she will work closely with the Sales Assistance Center, Accounting, and Business Development Manager and must work well as part of a team to jointly serve Menno Travel clients in a way consistent with Menno Travel’s interests.
Position Requirements: This position requires accuracy, efficiency, friendliness, sales skills, and ability to work as part of a team. GDS, Cornerstone and ClientBase skills are a plus. The position requires knowledge of geography, travel options and sources of information, and American Express and Menno Travel corporate travel products. This position requires the ability to move quickly between clients and handle multiple tasks at one time.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities: The Corporate Travel Specialist should:
- Respond by the client’s preferred means to client requests for travel arrangements by providing the best arrangements to meet the client’s time requirements, travel preferences, and budget. Menno Travel preferred suppliers, including consolidators, should be used whenever these meet client needs. Usual travel arrangements include air travel, rental car, hotel, and ground transportation.
- Suggest alternatives to clients that will enhance their travel experience or save them money.
- Handle all facets of booking individual business travel. This includes providing fares and schedules for flights, booking, quality controlling the reservation, issuing tickets, arranging ancillary airline services, handling subsequent changes and refunds, and recording all sales through TRAMS for accounting.
- Recommend, book, and invoice accommodations, car rentals, ground transportation, and other facets of business travel.
- Maintain client profiles in Worldspan.
- Arrange travel for meeting attendees where Menno Travel has a meeting fare contract.
- Maintain a positive relationship with key account personnel.
- Refer non-business related travel to appropriate Menno Travel specialists for handling. This includes group business and vacation bookings.
- Supply clients with destination information and regulations on foreign travel, including Travel42 reports and information on required documentation.
- Sell additional services and products including travel insurance and foreign currency.